Monday, July 18, 2011

Batch Rep Resignation

Greetings fellow batchmates! :)

Wow, can't believe that holidays are already half over! I do hope everyone is getting the time that they always wanted to sleep in, exercise, laze around, catch up on TV series, etc. to just rejuvenate after one hell of a semester 5. So, let's return back to my initial purpose of writing this post.

Official Resignation

I have already announced it on the Seremban Clinical School batch facebook group, but this is to just officialize it; also I found some parts of my post would also be directed to those PMS-ing thus hope you will bear with my "formality". :P But, I have nominated Joe and Teegeena as this batch's future batch reps (male and female respectively) and so far I have not heard any negative comments about it. Thus, I will proceed on with slowly transferring over responsibilities to the elected to make the transition as smooth as possible. However, I also maintain my word that nominations are still open so those that would want the job for any reason, feel free to voice out. If this happens, I will immediately start a voting process and the one with the most votes will participate in my hand-over immediately following thereafter. Otherwise, I presume the batch has no other willing bodies and shall congratulate Joe and Geena on August 1st 2011 when they are officially the "go-to people" for everything that you would normally address to the batch reps. I hear-by, formally declare my resignation as batch rep. (:

The Reason

It was a hard decision to come to, trust me. The thought was in my mind since the end of semester 4, but I decided to hang on for the final semester for pre-clinical as things were starting to get really busy with Convo Mag, Mock PMS Matching, etc. I felt that it would be wrong to just leave in the midst of so many things going on and knowing probably no one would want the job seeing it is semester 5 and all. :P So, what finally brought me to do it was because this halfway mark through medical school helped me come to the realization that I do want to move on from this job and try something different. It has been my utmost pleasure to be able to serve every one of you but quite honestly i'm very tired from the job. It seems to be quite easy from the outside to many, but there are many things behind the scenes faced that fails to ever see light. I think that I have tried my very best to do what I was supposed to do and came to the conclusion it is time to let others have this chance to grow from such an experience as I have grown from it. It was very tough to let go, but I hope being batch rep doesn't define who I am to you all. I hope over the 2.5 years you have gotten to know me a bit better than just "he is our batch rep!" because I did try to go beyond by duties several times to let you all know a bit about me personally. :)

Words of Gratitude

I want to express many thanks to you all for allowing me to be your batch representative for the past 2.5 years. I have never once taken for granted all the support and positive encouragement you have given to me over the years and it was one of the reasons I was able to carry on doing what the batch needed every time. It has been a good growing experience and it was only made possible because of the very people that constituted this batch. I know this sounds slightly tacky, but I can say i mean ever word of it as i have never really been know for my semantics anyways. :P It has been so awesome to meet most of the batch and know all of you (I apologize for those I never got to know) but you all definitely made our batch one of the more colourful batches. That is one of the things I will remember about this batch for sure and I apologize if I have ever offended anyone along the duration of my tenure or come short of my responsibilities. I have given my best foot forward and thanks to all of you for making my job easier with your cooperation all this while. I could not have been asked to represent a better batch of people. :)

Do enjoy the holidays well and all the best for those going overseas for PMS and for those that are going to Seremban - see you all there! :)

Your "neighborhood batch rep",
Eldwin

3 comments:

  1. The most diplomatic batch rep ever haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha..good job eldwin!quite an essay..but good job over the past 2.5 years!cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to the days with you in Seremban! bring batch-rep surely didn't define you - but we know what kinda awesome person you are from it! three cheers for Eldwin!

    ReplyDelete

Nuffnang Ads - Click to Help Earn Funds For Convo Mag